Hi Alex,

Alexander Kellett <ruby-lists / lypanov.net> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2005, at 7:25 AM, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > I hope we can stop talking about variables...  please see the example
> > code I have given in the other emails where an object changes its
> > type.
>
> giving hopeless corner cases won't really prove the point.

Will labelling something a "hopeless corner case" make it go away? :-)

> i've been coding in ruby for over 3 years now and have never
> had a type magically change. the fact that a socket is an io

All it suffices is one counterexample.  There are many things that
people think are true that are not proven.  One counterexample at any
point, however, and the case crumbles.

> and reopen has a fairly magical (and documented) property
> of type change doesn't mean that ruby isn't strongly typed.

Okay, I don't know if it's magical or not.  I admit I haven't looked
at the code.  I just assumed you could do this sort of thing by the
way you can pretty much dynamically redefine anything in Ruby.

Cheers,
Navin.