Hi,

In message "Re: Ten Things Every Java Programmer Should Know About Ruby"
    on Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:01:42 +0900, Navindra Umanee <navindra / cs.mcgill.ca> writes:

|Okay, so object.class will supposedly tell you what class an object
|is...  but you can override that method and nobody really cares.  So
|Ruby doesn't guarantee anything about type safety.

Define "type safety" here.  I consider it as that every type error can
be found (at run time), and no fatal error (e.g. segmentation fault)
can be caused by type mismatch.

What is yours?  Ability to tell an object's class?  Inability to
change the class of an object at run time?

							matz.