Hi,

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:38:45 +0900, Navindra Umanee
<navindra / cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Florian Frank <flori / nixe.ping.de> wrote:
> > > Hmm... not sure if I understand that last part... but one thing is
> > > very clear though... in Javaland, you simply cannot make pigs fly.
> >
> > In (non-evil) Ruby it's not possible either, to transform pigs into birds.
>
> I think you can, and I think LS was right when he said there was *no*
> strong typing in Ruby.

I think you have the right to want static typing in Ruby. That said,
from the user point of view, you can say that something is not
something, because the details of the language are hidden from the
user. Of course that you want "something" strong, powerful, supported,
etc. That's why you prefer Java, right? :-)

Cheers,
Joao