On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:13:10 -0500, Roy Smith <roy / panix.com> wrote:

> And what do I read in the preface?  "...we're using it to format large
> parts of this book".  Well, gee, 20-odd years ago, when I first started
> reading about C, K&R were proud of the fact that they used their new
> language to write some tools to format their books!  Some things never
> change, I guess :-)

"Eating one's own dog food" is always good advice in technology...

Actually, we'd already used Perl to generate portions of "The
Pragmatic Programmer", so it was natural to use Ruby for the Ruby
book.

Before that, I used to use awk to generate troff :-)

Enjoy Ruby!

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development