Ron Jeffries wrote:

# I've been through the newsgroup and the web sites and could use some
# help with Tk in Windows. Does anyone have Conrad's widget demo
# running on Win 2000?

Actually I just 'translated' the Japanese text into English for the
Ruby/Tk widget, using the Tcl/Tk version as a guide. Someone else did
the original Ruby/Tk version.

Anyway, I just finished skimming though this thread, and I want to
re-pose a question that I asked several times in the past: Is there
anyone out there who would like to assume 'ownership' of the Ruby/Tk
widget demos, fix cross-platform limitations, and otherwise keep them
up to date?

The SpecRuby GUI builder for Ruby/Tk is also available if someone
would like to take it over. (This is just the old SpecTcl GUI builder
that has been altered to emit Ruby). Much of the elementary stuff
works.

Years ago, I found the Perl versions of these tools to be very useful
for what I was doing. Hopefully someone with more time than I have to
spare at the moment can pick up the Ruby versions.

Incidentally, now that ActiveState is supporting Tcl/Tk in the wake of the
Ajuba buyout, and now that Tcl/Tk8.4 has at long last reached the alpha
stage, there may be renewed interest in Ruby/Tk. It's definitely not the
most cosmic GUI in the world, but it is widely ported and it is "good
enough" for many sorts of mundane GUI front ends. IIRC, someone is now
working on a Japanese to English translation of the Ruby/Tk docs.

Conrad Schneiker