On Jan 29, 2005, at 16:47, James Britt wrote:

>>> When I got to part that asserted, "in such dedicated languages like
>>> Java, everything in the language are 'Classes'," little trolls
>>> started dancing in my head.
>> Trolling trolls or not, is it not the case that everything in Java
>> has to be part of a class one way or another?
>
> That's different from saying that "everything in the language are
> [sic] 'Classes'"

Bah. Same difference.

> And then following that assertion with a straw man example of class
> bloat.

Well, straw man perhaps, but rather a telling one.

After all, if the always so helpful javac compiler could be tuned down
a bit, a bare bone Java class would need to look something like this:

import java.lang.Object;
import java.lang.String;
import java.lang.StringBuffer;
import java.lang.System;

public class HelloWorld extends Object
{

     public static void main(final String[] someArguments)
     {
	    Buffer	aBuffer = new Buffer();

	    aBuffer.append( "Hello " );
	    aBuffer.append( someArgument[ 0 ] );

	    System.out.println( aBuffer.toString() );
     }

}

But thanks to the rich sugar based Java diet, you could get away with
just this:

public class HelloWorld
{
     public static void main(final String[] someArguments)
     {
	    System.out.println( "Hello " + someArgument[ 0 ] );
     }
}

I heard that excessive intake of sugar is quite bad for your health
though.

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay