Trans ha scritto:
> Nice. I look forward to the next installment.
>
> Of course I had basically figured the jist of this out already, but
> this post states it very nicely and quite clearly.

notice that the post is also a flamebait, crossposted to
comp.lang.perl.misc, comp.lang.python, comp.lang.lisp, comp.lang.scheme,
comp.lang.c,  full of dumb stuff like this:
public class test {
   String a = new String("a string");
   String b = new String("another one");
   StringBuffer c = new StringBuffer(40);
   c.append(a); c.append(b);
   System.out.println(c.toString());
  }
}

presented as "pure OOP language".

I, as a dumb java programmer would write:
public class test {
         String c = new String("a string" + " another one");
         System.out.println(c);
     }
}

but obviously in a  pure oo language such as ruby you won't need this.