On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 06:04:54 +0900, Lothar Scholz
>
> I think DRY is from the Pragmatic Programmers, and OAOO from the XP
> community. Not positive though. As of the difference, I think it was
> that OAOO is RYSARSYDRY= repeat yourself and refactor so you don't
> repeat yourself.

Personally, I use both terms interchangeably, but i often mention both so
that people from either side will recognise the concept. My personal
explanation of the concept is like this:

1. avoid repeating yourself, if you see how to
2. repeat yourself, if you don't see how not to
3. eliminate the repetition caused by (2) once you figure out how

But then, I am very much into liberal interpretations of such phrases.

Mathieu Bouchard -=- Montr٬l QC Canada -=- http://artengine.ca/matju