David A. Black wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Ian Hobson wrote:
>
>> Now my problem might be an APACHE problem. It might be a rails problem.
>> It might still be a MySQL problem. It might be a ruby problem.
>>
>> It is a problem that stops me using rails.
>>
>> Until new users do not routinely have such problems, you will not gain
>> more users.
>

> Apparently the word hasn't gotten out.  We're gaining new users every
> day.

One indicator of the growth in Ruby's user base is the rise in the
number of posters who seem assured of their uncanny insight into Ruby's
real problems, while demonstrating a stunning ignorance of Ruby's
history and community.

Newcomers to any group may have a point of view that lets them see
things that have perhaps become invisible to old-timers, but more often
the issue is not whether something has ever been considered, but whether
that something has a reasonable path of action.

I don't want to ever discourage anyone from offering ideas and
suggestions, but I'd caution against phrases such as, "If you only do
...",  "You just have to ... ", and, "Until [...] happens, then you'll
never [...] ."

Things are rarely that simple.

James