Zach Dennis <zdennis / mktec.com> wrote:
> No matter what you say, I prefer doing interpolation over " + " anyday.
> I've writtent 15 times the amount of java code in thepast few months for
> work-related reasons then i have in ruby, you would think I'd prefer the
> " + " way...

I have to say you've quite convinced me.  Now that you mention it, I'm
myself quite sick of those long text string issues you bring up with
Java.  It's nice that Ruby does interpolation similar to the way we're
used to with shell scripts.

And besides, I've found you can somewhat simulate the Java behaviour
anyway:

class String
   def -(arg)
      to_s + arg.to_s

p "one: " - 1 - " two: " - 2

Thanks for the tips and insightful commentary to you and Joao.  I'd be
interested in seeing the Rails code for recursive require.

Cheers,
Navin.