On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:38:04 +0900, Curt Sampson <cjs / cynic.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> I'd have to completely disagree with you here. I think that
>> Java's choice to make Strings immutable has made the language
>> much more unpleasant to deal with....
> "Much more" unpleasant? I'd like to see some specifics on this.

Well, you'll notice that Java has very little that's actually built
for manipulating text, because the expense of String construction.
Frankly, the only thing that I like about the C++ std::string is
that it *is* mutable -- otherwise it's just as bad as the Java
String for usability.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com