ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:

> i> I agree, #uniq is certainly not the only candidate. I think it would be very
> i> useful to compile a list of all such methods that could use a block to
> i> override some default internal method (#== in the case of uniq), and
> i> consider these for 2.0.
>
>  #uniq don't use #==, it use #hash and #eql?

Which raises the problem that it works globally, unlike the unix uniq
which only uniqs consecutive elements. Passing in a block would lead to
a performance hit since you'd need to compare every pair of elements
without the benefit of a hash function. A uniq_by would probably cover
most of the use cases anyway.

martin