"W. Kent Starr" <elderburn / mindspring.com> writes:

> > So could anyone recommend a scheme that's free for use, and which
> > can be realistically decompressed in a handful of lines of Ruby?
>
> I think the specs for zip, gzip and bzip are widely published. If I
> didn't have an early morning appointment, I would look some of these
> up for you, but... :-)

Thanks, but I've been there. I'm looking for a scheme that can be done
very, very simply: decompression should be maybe 10 lines of Ruby: the
Huffman decoding in zlib makes this very difficult (although I may be
missing a simple implementation).

Are there other, simple, compression alternatives?

Dave