Since I'm helping Chad and Rich put together the Ruby track for OSCON,
I can't resist pointing out this bit from the interview:

> ... if there a Ruby track at OSCON this year beyond people saying
> ũm, I like to play with Ruby because I hear it interesting!and
> Ÿow, I really like to hear Dave Thomas speak!to ŭearning Ruby is
> important to my professional future! itl be easier to cover Ruby
> as Ruby and not Ruby as Enabling Technology.

chromatic's exactly right about that one.  And the best way to make
that happen is for the Ruby community to be there with great talks that
demonstrate how special Ruby is.

So please ... submit your talk ideas at
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2005/create/e_sess

Thanks!