Hi,

Wee 0.5.0 is out. Have fun!

Major changes are:

   * Support for live-updates (see examples/live-update.rb). Only
     client-side is missing (javascript).

   * Factored out all continuation-dependent code into wee/continuation.
     By default Wee uses no continuations until you require
     'wee/continuation'. This has the nice effect, that
     non-continuation-based application now run a little bit faster and
     uses less memory.

   * Added an OgScaffolder class (see examples/og-test.rb). You can
     create/update/delete Og domain-objects. This was just a test for
     using Wee+Og. It's not a very advanced scaffolder. Nemo[1] can do
     better.

   * Added an experimental property system, which can make your
     components more independent of external resources (e.g.
     image-path).

   * Changed the status from alpha to beta ;-)
     I consider Wee now as pretty stable (run-time wise). Few code will
     probably change.

For the full list of changes (since I started the ChangeLog) see [2].

== The Ultimate Hello World

   require 'wee'

   class HelloWorld < Wee::Component
      def click
       @clicks = (@clicks || 0) + 1
     end

     def render
       r.h1.onclick_callback(:click).with("Hello World!")
       r.text "#{ @clicks || 'No' } clicks"

   # And start the WEBrick web-server
   require 'wee/utils'
   require 'wee/adaptors/webrick'

   app = Wee::Utils.app_for {
     c = HelloWorld.new
     c.add_decoration(Wee::PageDecoration.new(title="Hello World"))
   }
   Wee::WEBrickAdaptor.register('/app' => app).start

Make sure you run this application with the -rubygems option. Then point
your browser to http://localhost:2000/app and click on the h1-header.
Every time you click on it, you should see that the number of clicks
increases. Have fun!

== Future Work

I am currently implementing Cookie-support and Page-less sessions (no
backtracking). It's already done and works well, but needs some further
refactoring. This let's you write dynamic web-sites whose URL looks like
"http://blah.net/app" all the time. If you want you can change the URL
after /app to whatever you want, but note that it's model is completely
different that e.g. Rails. Wee does not has multiple controllers, it has
exactly one root-component with as many sub-components and
sub-sub-components as you like.

A simple tutorial is also on my todo list ;-)

== Documentation

Look here [3].

Regards,

   Michael