On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Hans-Dieter Stich wrote:

> On 16.03.01, Daniel Berger wrote:
> > *tons* of support via CPAN for Perl, and considerably better support for
> > database interaction (DBI, DBD).
>
> on the german Ruby mailing list was sometime ago a
> discussion about building a DBI interface for Ruby. i'm also
> very interested in this point and maybe someone else, so why
> not try it ourselves?

That's an attitude I like! :)

Please look at

  http://www.ale.cx/mine/raa/raa-history-Library_database.html

and

  http://www.ale.cx/mine/raa/raa-history-Library_Database.html

(and excuse me for having these on two pages).

On the latter there's also Nakamura Akifumi's RDBC besides John Small's
Ruby/dbi Guy mentioned already. And MySQL, LDAP, mSQL, bdb, cdb,
interbase, o_dbm, oracle and postgres support.

	- Aleksi