Ghislain MARY <nospam / lunacymaze.org> writes:
> The missing package was libdrb-ruby.

A full list of required ruby packages for manually installing
rubygems:

ruby
libruby
libdrb-ruby
libyaml-ruby
libzlib-ruby

I'm not positive about libruby, actually.

Even if these should be included by default, about which point I am
entirely agnostic, it seems to me that it's a bug in rubygems for not
correctly reporting the error, so that the user can know which
packages to install.  Having to guess is very frustrating

-=Eric
		-- Blair Houghton.