On 2005-01-26 00:11, Michael Neumann wrote:
> I don't think so. How long do you run it? And how much memory does it
> use? An initial monotonical increasement is normal... Could you write a
> small script that I can run on my machine?
You got the server code in an older mail. Here is a client which should
work. Try it out with some different LogFiles. (different in size)

require "xmlrpc/client"

server = XMLRPC::Client.new("localhost","/RPC2", port=8080)

result = server.call("file.showlog", "/var/log/messages")
puts result

After using GC.stat; GC.enable in a methode it seems that the memory usage
do not increase and I can also view a small decreasing sometimes but not to the
initial memory. The initial memory is about 4MB. After calling the server
10 times the memory usage is about 7MB.

Torsten Senf