On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:09:44 +0900, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg
<vanweerd / gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to make a rubygem or rpa of JRuby? Other Java
> programs (please don't hit me!)?

I guess you could theoretically use RubyGems to install JRuby.  You
would have to deal with CLASSPATH issues afterward, but it should be
possible.

> On that topic, does anyone know of anything similar to RubyGems for
> Java? I tried to get an updated Xalan the other day, and I almost
> fainted at the bizarre number of steps that the Jakarta site was
> making me do.

Maven sort of does the same thing, though it's not focused on
installing libraries and applications.
http://maven.apache.org/

--

Chad Fowler