On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:53:18 +0900, ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:

> M> Shouldn't #print really be in a module somewhere and then included
> M> when I want to be able to "print"..?
>
>  Well, in this case do you want to always write
>
>   Main.require, Main.exit, Main.eval, Main.proc, ...

Maybe I've gotten the wrong end of the stick about the original question.

From my perspective, if I

require 'pp'

I can then refer to 'pp' without prefixing.  I'm not clear why print
(and much of the other stuff globbed into Object) should be any
different since it arguably clutters the namespace.

A require 'convenience' could, imo, emulate the current situation
without requiring the clutter.

But, as I say, perhaps I didn't grasp the original point.

Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/