Using cmd /c makes it type OK but it still doesn't DO anything. Am I
right that what this bizarre, intricate and non-working code is
supposed to do is eval the contents of file whatever.rb? Sure looks
that way to me.

Nearly as I can tell, the type command, when executed under Ruby,
doesn't answer the stuff typed out, how nice.

I guess I'll have to figure out the quickest way to get the contents
of a file now ... ;-> How hard could that be?

Thanks ... off to the next step in a slow learning process ...

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 05:22:07 +0900, Dave Thomas
<Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:

>Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org> writes:
>
>> Replacing cat with type, however, results in the similar message as
>> before, for example:
>
>I believe that 'type' is built in to the windows command processor, so
>you'll need to make it
>
>    cmd /c type ...
>
>(or command /c type ... depending on what you're running) You can try
>this from the command line to check.
>

>Dave

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com