Hi,

From: Tim Hunter <cyclists / nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: segfault in tk/variable.rb
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:56:12 +0900
> Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote:
> > Well, if there are no consistency problems,
> > I have to search the reason of your trouble.
> > tk/variable.rb.321 is

> >       _fromUTF8(INTERP._set_global_var(@id, _get_eval_string(val, true)))

> > I want to know which of _fromUTF8, _set_global_var and
> > _get_eval_string raises SEGV.
> > If you don't mind, could you check and report it?
>
> I don't mind at all. Since the segv occurs only very rarely, it may be some
> time before I see it again. If it happens again I'll follow up.

Possibly fixed.
I thought the problem depends on TclTkIp#_set_global_var.
When the method calls the Tk interpreter  during the Tk interpreter
is being deleted, sometimes the current namespace of Tk interpreter
points NULL.
I added the current namespace check at checking deleted interpreter.
I've committed the fix. Please see the latest CVS.