Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Ben Giddings <bg-rubytalk / infofiend.com> wrote:
>
>>Thoughts?
>

> As someone who's been lightly dabbling with Ruby recently (and is not
> about to stop), you make several good points.
>
> I can't get rid of the lingering feeling that Ruby is still somewhat
> immature/unpolished.  Part of the reason is lack of documentation and
> sometimes the documentation that I do use is plain wrong or
> out-of-date because the Ruby API changes from release to release.  Of
> course, I'm using RubyCentral for most of my documentation needs --
> they've done a fantastic job, but that's hardly official or
> up-to-date.

Which RubyCentral docs?  RubyCentral.com has a links on the front page
that indicate they refer to old content:

Library ref (old)
Ruby Book (old)

(but no links to where you can find newer documentation.)

RubyCentral.org has a link on the front page to the Ruby Documentation
Project, which has the documentation for the 1.8.2 core, standard lib,
and C APIs.

If you are using an online version of Programming Ruby then it will
somewhat out-of-date on both sites.  Best to go buy the 2nd edition
(paper or PDF only).

Finally, have you used ri to get documentation at the command line?
It's built into Ruby, but may not be fully installed if you built Ruby
from source, as the default configuration is (I believe) to not build
the data files.

James