Hi, you all.

I'm working on a new small project where several network protocols are
to be supported. I had an idea about how to implement it and it
resembled something like this.

class Protocol
  abstract :login, :logout, :send, :receive
end

class MyProtocol < Protocol
  def login
    # does something useful
  end
  ... # so on
end

Then my network client would just call the methods of a Protocol
object without caring about the actual classes that implement it (yes,
you're right, I come from a static typing background). But then I read
something (I don't remember where :( ) which said that agile languages
don't need to implement so many patterns and I think I saw the light!

I don't need a Protocol class, the network client should just call the
methods of the protocol and duck typing should do all the magic. Am I
right? Am I coming a little closer to walking the Ruby Way?

Please, post a positive reply and you just may save me a couple of
therapy sessions :P

Kind Regards,
Ed

--
 Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life.
-- George Bernard Shaw