Seeing the threads on blocks and scope, I was wondering if there is any
way to explicitly designate a binding when calling a block or proc?

I've seen eval take a binding, but I can't seem to be able to change the
binding of a proc. Since a proc has to remember the binding anyway, I'm
curious as to wheter there is an easy way to change it afterwards?

As far as I understood some bits in lecture at university about lambda
calculus and such, blocks and Proc in Ruby are bound statically to the
defining scope, while eval is dynamically bound, defaulting to the
current binding. I'd like to be able to give a dynamic binding for the
proc also, although right now I just want it like I want a big space
rocket; pure power symbol, with no real clue what it could be useful
for.

Just curious... I'm fearing that such a thing might get too dangerous a
weapon. I see methods doing nothing but creating alot of local variables
in a binding, Proc's created for filling the binding variables with
values and other Proc's for displaying and using the values... using
bindings almost as datastorage... and woe us if we'd be allowed to
change the current binding also. Ruby'd be so powerful, we'll be able to
blow both legs and arms of ourselves.

I hope that made some sense :-P

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>