"rashworth" <rashworth / mail.warpnet.net> writes:

> Subject: Simple Tk Application, page 153 in your Programming Ruby.
>
> What is the correct procedure to run this example?
>
> When I use "Run Ruby Program" the output window flashes open
> and then closes quickly.
>
> When I use the Ruby Interpreter (Ruby only icon), nothing happens
> on my PC with the Windows ME. I am using Ruby 1.6.1.

I just downloaded the code from the web site and ran it. It put up the
Hello, world! window when I ran from the command line (I didn't try it
from RubyWin). I was using 1.6.2 under NT (I don't have an ME box).

Are you sure you have the 'Tk.mainloop' line in the code.

> What is the reference for the "pickaxe book" ?
> Author, Title, Publisher and ISBN Number.

Me 'n' Andy
Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide
Addison Wesley
0201710897

Regards

Dave