On 2005-01-24, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:50:52 +0900, Csaba Henk
><csaba / phony_for_avoiding_spam.org> wrote:
>> that is, all languages and all tests are considered, and comparison is
>> simply by cpu time.
>
> There's a win32 benchmark page at
> http://dada.perl.it/shootout/craps_cpumemloc.html There's options
> other than CPU use.  (I think the original shootout had other options;
> can't find it now.)

I know of it. The alioth version also has options. My criticism wasn't
against the situation that a pure CPU comparison is the basic viewmode.
Eventually, that's what all freaks mainly care about, eh? :)

>> CMUCL, Free Pascal comes after Python? Chicken, Gwydion Dylan and SBCL
>> after Ruby (and SBCL has just a very thin edge over... PHP)?
>>
>> Don't make me laugh.

My criticism was against having these unbelieveable results on that
chart.

It's possible that the distortion comes from many test not working in
several languages. Whether this is the factor which produces such a huge
noise, or not, it's irrelevant, those results are unusuable by now,
anyway.

They could at least have some explanation why is it this way, and what
improvements are possible.

Csaba