On 2005-01-23, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai / gmail.com> wrote:
> You can find some standard benchmarks at http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

While we all know that benchmark results are to be taken with a piece of
salt in general, I don't believe a word of this particular one.

Just look at the default comparison table:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=all&sort=cpu

that is, all languages and all tests are considered, and comparison is
simply by cpu time.

CMUCL, Free Pascal comes after Python? Chicken, Gwydion Dylan and SBCL
after Ruby (and SBCL has just a very thin edge over... PHP)?

Don't make me laugh.

The results of the original shootout were somewhat more realistic.

Csaba