Paris Sinclair ha scritto:

> I think it discourages the community from focusing on things like
> bytecode, which could solve the problem. Because you're speaking as if
> using C *is* using Ruby. When instead it's a different language that can
> be used to work around the slowness.
>
> It is better than to go the road of tcl, IMO. Denying that slowness is
> bad, and so never fixing it.

given the efforts to build alternate VM/interpreters (rubydium, vuby,
YARV, metaruby..) I dont think we settled on denying slowness.
But it stays true the current ruby is usually fast enough and where it
is'nt you can easily write C extensions, just like you would for many
things that are too slow in other languages.