--Apple-Mail-39--648502523

On 22 Jan 2005, at 23:57, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> EH> Ruby is fast enough
> EH> for everybody here, and its fast enough for basecamphq.com and
> EH> 43things.com.
>
> But since the ruby community is still very very small this is maybe
> not a very clever answer.

Commonly, it is the truth.  By omitting my full response though, you
misrepresent my statement.

Writing C extensions in Ruby is hardly more difficult than writing
plain Ruby code, and with a tool like RubyInline, it only gets easier.
Beacuse of this, many people find no problem using Ruby despite it
being slower than other languages.

FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Apple-Mail-39--648502523
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-39--648502523--