Big news!

Ruby 2 (a.k.a Ruby Secunda Kathrine Pine) was released January 22, 2005
at 1:51:42 pm (PST) after a few hours of intense, last-minute debugging
and deployment.  We've been working on this project for just over 9
months and are quite pleased with the results!  (Well, my wife really
did most of the work, though I *did* play a seminal role in the initial
project conception phase.)

<<< THE NAME >>>

Ruby     -- named after our favorite language, of course!
Secunda  -- our second child (after C), and the second Ruby
             (in the roman tradition of numbering your children,
             e.g. "Quintus" and "Octavius")
Kathrine -- named after the lead programmer on this project
             (a tradition in her ancestral development house)
Pine     -- yes, our last name, but also Matz once told me that
             "matz" is Japanese for "pine"!

<<< FEATURES >>>

* Powerful audio output (even on those little tweeters)
* Net Wt. 9 pounds (or a little over 20k carats as Dave Thomas notes)
* FIFO digestive queue
* Ruby.length == 20 inches
* UNBEATABLE copy protection
* Dark brown hair
* Just plain FUN!  (true to the Ruby lagacy)

<<< KNOWN ISSUES >>>

* FIFO queue occasionally behaves like a LIFO stack
* Ruby.sleep(ALL_NIGHT) seems to resume unexpectedly
* While C (her big brother) sends plenty of messages to Ruby,
   Ruby doesn't seem to respond to C calls.

<<< SCREENSHOTS >>>

Screenshots will soon be available here:
http://pine.fm/FamilyPictures/?page=filter&year=2005&month=1

Currently, though, we've only put up our pre-release screenshots (and
around 4000 pictures of C).

<<< DOWNLOADS >>>

You wish!

:)