Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
> Hi Preston,
>
> I just started learning Ruby and a bit of Python last year, and I'll
> share my experience.
>
> Personally, I found comparing Ruby to Python a bit awkward. I read the
> great Ruby Python comparisons on various wikis, but some how kept
> ending up on Lisp pages (more later).

> Ultimately, DSL+succintness (and indirectly expresion-orientation)
> made me choose Ruby. I don't know if this is the incredible benefit as
> postulated by Graham. There are links to strong Lisp people defending
> Python at the bottom of articles.

I realize that what follows is a near-match for what might ordinarily
pass for either trolling or flame-baiting, but when I read a recent blog
entry about Python I nearly shot coffee out my nose:

http://www.genehack.org/2005/01/13#lisp-with-shitty-syntax

Two too-funny quotes:

"It's like they stole Lisp, and give it shitty syntax!"

and

"[P]erhaps Python was the subset of Lisp that was understandable by C++
programmers."

James