In article <200501211127.50234.andrew / walrond.org>,
Andrew Walrond  <andrew / walrond.org> wrote:
>On Thursday 20 January 2005 20:03, Chad Fowler wrote:
>> Hi All.  Attached is the announcement for this year's Oreilly Open
>> Source Convention call for participation.
>>
>> This year's RubyConf (http://www.rubyconf.org) was alight with a new
>> level of buzz.  As I said at the closing of the conference, it felt
>> somehow different and bigger than ever before.
>>
>> I'd love to see us take that same feeling to OSCON this year, where
>> many of the leaders in the open source software world will be present.
>>  We want _everyone_ to be talking about the Ruby track this year.  :)
>>

>The rubyx gnu-linux distro uses a concise ruby script to build and maintain
>the complete 'from source' distro. It also has a ruby based init system.
>Would a talk/demo about the use of ruby in rubyx be suitable fodder for the
>ruby track? Or are these conferences usually full of 'rapid web development'
>types only?
>
>I had thought of submitting a proposal, but don't really know if the topic is
>suitable. As ruby enthusiasts, is it the sort of thing you'd be interested in
>attending?

I'd certainly be interested in attending, but here's a thought:
Perhaps you should submit a Rubyx presentation for the Linux track.  I
think Rubyx would be of interest there as well and you would expose some
folks outside of the Ruby camp to Ruby.

Phil