Spitzer)

> Is there any English text
> parser available in Ruby that would (somewhat) match my needs? I
> _could_ write my programs in Perl, but I'd much rather use the one
> language I've come to love: Ruby.

Hello Claus,

I have hacked together a small proof of concept extension that binds to
LinkParser. It is by far not complete, but you can download it from here:

www.tua.ch/ruby/link/050121-link-4.1b.tar.gz

I would like to maintain this library, although a first version will not
be out before next month; Please send whatever changes you make per
'darcs' or unified diff to me.

To get started, do a make of the link package itself. Then go to the obj
directory and do a 'ar r liblink.a *.o'; copy this library to your
library paths.

Then change to the /ext directory, do an 'extconf.rb' and then 'make',
'make install'.

You should now be able to run tc_linkparser.rb in /tests.

Don't expect too much, its only a base for what is to be. But look at it
from the bright side, you get to decide on the API ;). Plus it gets you
started with c again.

Hope this helps,
kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby