On Thursday 20 January 2005 20:03, Chad Fowler wrote:
> Hi All.  Attached is the announcement for this year's Oreilly Open
> Source Convention call for participation.
>
> This year's RubyConf (http://www.rubyconf.org) was alight with a new
> level of buzz.  As I said at the closing of the conference, it felt
> somehow different and bigger than ever before.
>
> I'd love to see us take that same feeling to OSCON this year, where
> many of the leaders in the open source software world will be present.
>  We want _everyone_ to be talking about the Ruby track this year.  :)

The rubyx gnu-linux distro uses a concise ruby script to build and maintain
the complete 'from source' distro. It also has a ruby based init system.
Would a talk/demo about the use of ruby in rubyx be suitable fodder for the
ruby track? Or are these conferences usually full of 'rapid web development'
types only?

I had thought of submitting a proposal, but don't really know if the topic is
suitable. As ruby enthusiasts, is it the sort of thing you'd be interested in
attending?

Andrew Walrond