Mark Hubbart wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:21:00 +0900, Thursday  wrote:
>
>>What are the odds of this redesign happening to www.ruby-lang.org?
>>
>>http://redhanded.hobix.com/cult/rubyorgMockup.html
>

> Don't know if it's proper for ruby-lang, but it would be great for,
> say, ruby.net. ruby.net is advertised as being available for purchase,
> if you negotiate with the owner. ruby.org would be nicer, but it's an
> email site, so I doubt it's for sale.
>
> Hmm, since we've got a non-profit set up now, maybe someone could
> convince them to donate it for a tax write-off :D
>
> cheers,
> Mark

Perhaps we can offer to keep a prominent link on the future www.ruby.org
website such as:

"This domain was generously donated to the ruby community by
__netidentity__.  Please consider using their services to thank them for
their generosity."

Unless they have thousands of people using name / ruby.org, the
opportunity to have their company name + url shown on an increasingly
popular site and in such a positive manner should be as attractive as
thousands of dollars.  This is much more valuable than costly banner
advertisements which are automatically blocked by browsers.

The requirement to keep the link should terminate if they sell their
business or become a porn/gambling site of course.