* Ben Giddings <bg-rubytalk / infofiend.com> [0152 19:52]:

> In the perfect Ruby world that exists only in my head, www.ruby.org
> would be the official Ruby site, and would be a simple page for newbies,
> with few links and an easy way to find out what they need to find out
> about Ruby.  In this perfect world, Ruby documentation would be at
> doc.ruby.org, files would be availble from downloads.ruby.org or maybe
> files.ruby.org (or both).  There would be forums at forums.ruby.org, a
> wiki at wiki.ruby.org, news at news.ruby.org, etc.  In this perfect
> world it would be instantly obvious that all the various ruby sites were
> all official ruby sites, under the same umbrella, and not just
> fan/user/enthusiast sites.

Well, couldn't that be done with the ruby-lang.org domain? All we need is
15 minutes work on DNS and a few ServerAliases. ruby.org would be ideal, but
the general 'ruby mafia' single domain[0] would still work.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but almost as good.

> Of course, in this perfect world, I would be
> 4m tall and made out of titanium, able to shoot lasers from my eyes and
> to bend humans to my whim with mind-control rays... so I wouldn't count
> on my perfect world coming into being in the next few months... at least
> not until the price of titanium drops a little.

Crushed beer cans for the body.
Platform heels for the height.
An awful necktie to blind your foes.
Kiss Me Quick Hat for the mind control.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but almost as good...

Can't we just unify domains while we're waiting for the new one ?

[0] Yes, com/net/org are free. I know, I was tempted...
--
'Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.'
		-- Bender