On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:42:42 +0900, Mohammad Khan
<mkhan / lextranet.com> wrote:
> In my two scenarios, we were dealing with two things:  variable
> and object. If everything is object ... variable is coming from
> where? In other words, what is the relation between variable and
> object. Are non-mutable objects considered as variables?

Different things entirely.

Variables are labels, names. They aren't objects. They're ways that
we, the programmers, can refer to objects.

In general, we can't do any operations against variables, because
the name is discarded at the time of execution -- only the object
exists.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com