Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Initializing module instance variables are one of the things I want
> fix.  But I'm not sure what is the best way to fix.  Maybe AOP-like
> hooks is the way to go.  I'm waiting the conviction to come.

While AOP-like hooks can do the job, I think they are a too heavy for
the task. Nontheless.... I'm not one to promote the use of :pre, :post
and :wrap. As you know. I've pointed out potential snags with their use
in the past, but I'll go ahead and suggest this possibility:

module M
def initialize:super
# super is implicitly called here
@var = 10  #set an instance var
# initialize is now implicitly called here

On the other hand, why get so fancy about it? A dedicated appraoch is
really more appropriate --since the matter is simply one of defining a
default instance value:

  module M
    instance "@var", 10

T.