On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, W. Kent Starr wrote:

> Those who live outside the US in more repressive nations will think the
> student 'fortunate'; at least he wasn't beaten, electrocuted, stunned, or
> in other ways physically harmed as a part of the interrogation process

Without getting into an extended off-topic discussion, I'm from another
country and I have to say that the US has more problems than you think.

US police are legally authorised to lie and deceive during interrogation,
able to make false claims, present fake evidence, and do anything short
of physical torture in order to secure a confession.

The US only ranks about 29th on the Human Rights list, US prisons are as bad
as the prisons in 3rd world countries (prisoners are regularly raped and
beaten), and the US alone has the majority of the world's prison populace.

Back to Ruby.

--
  spwhite / chariot.net.au