Esteban Manchado VeláÛquez wrote:

>   I changed SNAPSHOT_INTERVAL to one hour, copied the data and all of that,
>and it seems to work fine.

I've been fiddling with MadeleineService in Instiki - it is somewhat
smarter now.
See http://dev.instiki.org/changeset/7 and
http://dev.instiki.org/changeset/22

Madeleine people: please tell me if I'm doing something wrong in those
changesets, especially the first one.
If not, maybe you should use that code as an example of what a real-life
thread for snapshot taking should look like?

There still one potentially big story missing - namely, a signal handler
for graceful shutdown. I expect there must be moments during
snapshot-taking when that thread is in critical state (in the sense that
killing it would result in snapshot corruption). But I haven't looked at
that aspect seriously yet.

>   BTW, when I only had command logs, it seemed to lose revisions (in the
>sense that should be more revisions available, but the available ones seem to
>be right).
>
>   Thank you, Assaph,

There was a trivial bug in Instiki that does it, especially on a page
that is edited many times by the same person. See
http://dev.instiki.org/changeset/19

--
Best regards,

Alexey Verkhovsky