On Jan 16, 2005, at 10:27 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> I more-or-less agree with John here -- I found Java's threading model
> to be the first threading model that I actually understood, and I
> think that Ruby's threading model is better even than that. However, I
> would say that this:
>
>   Make Ruby Place Nice with OS Threading.
>
> is what we really need.

a binding system that would allow ipc of
sorts between controller ruby thread and
threads interacting with service threads
from 3rd api's would rock.

but in the main, i'd much prefer the work
of abstractions of IO/select/poll/epoll to
handle concurrency in a much more efficient
way. i'm not very fond of threading, however
some external libraries are, and the above
controller/service-thread ipc mechanic
would solve that.

Alex