On Sunday 16 January 2005 16:36, ts wrote:

> B> I know at this point, but I'll tackle one problem at a time (if
> you B> don't mind :-))
>
>  I can give you another problem : send a QUIT and the client will
> wait for the connection be closed ...
>
>  Strange but I don't have all these problems with a thread :-)
>
> Guy Decoux

true, but now I've gotten the TIME_WAIT fixed with even though if the
server is killed the fork will hang for apx 30 seconds... but the
server will start again without problems.

the server is now started with

begin
  server = Server.new
rescue SystemExit
  server.close
end

where Server#close is

def close
  @ss.close
end

So until next time you have my greatfull thanks - I love bright
minds/heads :-)

--
Bjarke Bruun
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians frighten me.