Kristof Bastiaensen:
> It does make sense, for example when the user wants a package that
> is written in Ruby, but doesn't want to program in Ruby itself.  In
> this case having all the ri-documentation would just fill-up space.
>

>>i.e. core Python package on Debian contains pretty much every module
>>(readline, zlib, syslog, and so forth) shipping with the standard Python
>>distribution.
>

> Yes, and that's why I have my harddisk cluttered with Python-stuff
> that I probably will never use :/

Hm, at least my time is more valuable than my disc space. Looking
everytime what I forgot to install just keeps me from working.

I understand that you want to be slim. So maybe we could ask them to add
a master package that would install everything. Like

apt-get install lib-ruby1.8-all

Now everybody could be happy, right?

Sascha