--------------enigB12AE436EC3AAE247FAB1DD5

Hi,

Peter C. Verhage wrote:
> Does anybody know how I can raise an SOAP error with a custom fault code
> in my SOAP4R SOAP::RPC:StandaloneServer subclass?

Soap4r does not support SOAP Fault Codes
now...(http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/doc/soap4r/RELEASE_en.html#restrictions)  As
far as I know, you're the first person to try to do it.

I just modified the server implementation a little to let user allow to
return a SOAPFault instance.  Following is excerpt of
http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/projects/soap4r/file/trunk/test/soap/fault/test_customfault.rb.

   class CustomFaultServer < SOAP::RPC::StandaloneServer
     def on_init
       add_method(self, 'fault', 'msg')
     end

     def fault(msg)
       SOAPFault.new(SOAPString.new("mycustom"),
         SOAPString.new("error: #{msg}"),
         SOAPString.new(self.class.name))

Snapshot tarball is at http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/download/ .  With the latest
snapshot tarball, you can set a SOAPString as a faultcode(the first
parameter of SOAPFault#new) but it might not be enough for your usage.

Would you please try it and let me know what is still missing.

# ticket: http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/projects/soap4r/ticket/63

Regards,
// NaHi