Patrick May wrote:

> I think the definition of CMS software is pretty blurry.  To me, CMS is
> a fancy way of saying, a development environment for building websites.
>  I think Rails, Seaside, IOWA, are the ruby equivalent of CMS's.  I
> think of these as a "standard libs" for doing web development.

Interesting.  CMS makes me think of an application that allows folks
with little knowledge of (and no desire to learn) Web stuff to add,
edit, and otherwise manage content.  CMS systems typically, I think,
allow for assorted type of editing access, change notifications, and
comments from readers/reviewers.

Often a CMS is used to produce a  Web site, but I think they tend to be
corporate intranets.

So, I would see Rails, Seaside, etc as possibilities to use as
groundwork for building a CMS.

James