Florian Gross wrote:
> David Garamond wrote:
>
>> If someone could summarize the recent Unicode/multibyte string
>> discussion on a wiki, that would be nice (and _very_ useful). It will
>> help programmers prepare their code for Unicode support and backward
>> compatibility in the future. Topics should include:
>
> Note that lots of this was recently discussed in [ruby-core:04146]. I'll
> try to answer the questions as accurately as possible.

Thanks for the answers, Florian. Yes I was following the thread on
ruby-core too, but forgot that this is ruby-talk.

I have created the first draft in RubyGarden:

  http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?UnicodeInRuby2

It's very raw and bare-bones (plus I'm an ASCII guy and totally clueless
regarding multibyte/Unicode). I invite people to improve on it.

Thanks.

Regards,
dave