David Heinemeier Hansson:
> I know of a handful of CMS projects already happening in Rails. Most of
> them are commercial projects, though. I haven't heard of any open source
> CMS intentions yet.

David, mine will be. But it is gonna take me a while, cause there is
always some project work which is keeping me from working on mcms.

MCMS which stands for Magical Content Management Solution will have this
and more:

(Quoted from my introduction mail on the rails list)

ROADMAP
=======
* Unique concentration on usability, web standards and accessibility
* Contentrepository as a tree, so you will be able easily extend the
functionality of a corporate website to a blog with comments, a forum, a
shop, a whatever. Something along the lines of ezpublish and drupal.
(This is rather ambitious, I know, and it is not the simplest thing that
could possibly work, anyway, I am gonna try it)
* Versioning
* WYSIWYG editing (with FCKEditor, which I find amazing)
* different views and the administration, so new users and powerusers
can feel at home
* Maybe even edit-in-place, like you can see in Bitflux CMS, or LIMB.
But I am uncertain about that as I think edit in place is not always the
most generally applicable solution, esp. if you wanna have a cms which
handles
* multiple diffrent websites under one adminstration
* media repository
* make it possible to turn it in a hostable solution (this one will
probably by closed source)
* lots of other things

Now, don't even dare to ask me when it will be ready or usable. It could
be 2 months or 2 years. For example, I couldn't work on it for almost 3
weeks cause of project work. I wouldn't wonder if somebody would release
something ahead of me...

Sascha Ebach