Francis Hwang wrote:

> This is pretty pedantic, but maybe comments should be really difficult
> to type. Something like "#JjI1e9()**" Then it won't be much more work
> to just extract out a smaller method, and use the new method name to
> document your code. ;)

Actually I'm surprised that this thread has generated so much interest. In
an effort to improve my Ruby skills, I've been reading the sources to some
well-known Ruby applications and libraries to see how good Ruby programmers
write code. (I won't name them but you-know-who-you-are.) One thing that
stands out is a noticeable lack of anything resembling a comment.

Just reading these sources you'd think that # already is as hard to type as
#Jjl1e9()**.   :-)