Hi folks,

I'm looking into using the Drools (www.drools.org) rule engine for a
work project.  It's a RETE based rule engine implemented in Java which
has pluggable semantic frameworks allowing rules & consequences to be
expresed in a range of languages including Java, Groovy and Python.
But not Ruby.

I'm very interested in the possibility of writing rules using domain
specific languages.  Watching how Rails is evolving a simple language
for MVC web applications it seems to me that Ruby would actually be a
great fit with Drools.

However JRuby development appears to have stalled last March and the
lastest release (v0.70) available from
http://jruby.sourceforge.net/index.shtml is described as:

    "Interpreter now thinks it is a ruby 1.8 interpreter (though it
still sometimes behaves like a 1.6 interpreter)"

Does anyone know what the status of the JRuby project is?

Regards,

Matt
--
Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/